SolidRun is committed to providing high quality and reliable products for its valued customers and partners. To ensure that, we often launch new products and adopt forward-looking technologies in order to keep up with the market needs, while at times we have to end the production of obsolete models. To accommodate the product planning strategies of our customers and partners, SolidRun has established an official End-Of-Life (EOL) Policy as presented in the following figure and described below.
Stage 1: Pre-notification
We send an EOL pre-notification notice to key customers and partners sharing with them our intentions to discontinue the development and production of a product and the reasons for that. Based on their inputs we build an EOL timetable.
Stage 2: Official EOL Announcement [2-3 months after previous stage]
We issue an official EOL announcement and submit a Product Discontinuation Notice to all our customers and partners informing them about the EOL decision and provide a time table of the process. We also update our EOL page on our website accordingly.
Stage 3: End of Development [with previous stage]
Our R&D and Engineering teams no longer carry out bug fixes or feature enhancements on the discontinued product(s).
Stage 4: Last Time Buy [3 – 6 after previous stage]
We allow our customers to place orders for the discontinued product(s) for the last time.
Stage 5: End of production [3 – 6 months after previous stage]
The product is no longer manufactured and only items left in stock can be shipped.
Stage 6: Last Delivery Date Customers who placed Last Time Buy Orders are notified about the Last Delivery date after which the discontinued products will no longer be delivered.
Stage 7: End of support [6 – 12 months after previous stage]
The support teams are no longer committed to provide solutions for problems related to the discontinued product(s).
- This policy applies to all SolidRun branded products unless otherwise specified in our End-of-Life Notification.
- EOL for OEM products will be carried out in accordance with the individual contract.
- SolidRun may be unable to repair or replace products after the official EOL announcement and therefore propose alternative/equivalent solutions based on other products.
- SolidRun may refuse to provide any kind of support for products that are not under warranty or covered under a maintenance agreement.
- SolidRun may change, update or modify this policy in the future.
For more information, contact us at: [email protected]
To ensure the receipt of any type of these notifications and be informed please register to our mailing list below. (Only registered customers will receive notifications about EOL & PCN updates).